Old 02-27-11, 12:31 AM
Short Rider

Bikes: Free Agent dustbuster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by derekthelion
You shouldn't be riding on the sidewalks in the first place. I don't have much knowledge on either bike, but I think you should really start by testing both bikes, and getting a feel for what is right. Some people can commute with a road racing bike (super thin tires, no racks, etc), while others love touring bikes for all that it offers. Shop around, ask a thousand questions, and just have fun.

You're doing the right thing in research first, then making purchases. Last thing you want is your first big purchase to be a mistake.
I don't like that part of the street much. Let me explain: It's a 50mph lane street, very busy. There's a sliver of asphalt past the the far side of the lane where I can ride my bike. The rest is dirt with a ton of rocks, not ride-able with a road bike that's forsure hehe. Pretty dangerous but I guess it is fun when a semi passes by and you get hit by strong wind Oh yeah, definitely. These bikes costs a good chunk of change so I'd like for it to be perfect for me before committing. I love REI for their confidence in their return policy, though hehe. If I buy there and don't like it, it can go back. I'll be at two bike shops right after work, though. Hopefully they help fit me well and also give a quick lesson on gear shifting. Might I ask for anyone that's reading: Say I find a bike I like, everything checks out BUT they do not have my size. Maybe I'm liking the 17" model and would like the 15" but it's not in stock there. Would you order the 15" online?

Last edited by Short Rider; 02-27-11 at 12:40 AM.