just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3886 Post(s)
Liked 1,938 Times in 1,383 Posts
Originally Posted by PMK
Nice to hear you got a ride in.

Ours was the flip side, day was nice, but our temps are heating up already. Sunscreen and a lot of water yesterday. Windy, sunny and starting to get hot.

Out of curiosity, how many tandems make up your?

PK
Turnout varies. We ride every Sunday, pretty much 52 weeks/year, and usually have 3-5 tandems. It's an invitational group, and we allow some singles whom we've ridden with for years and who know how to behave around tandems. This Sunday we had three tandems and two singles. It would have been 4 tandems, but one stoker was sick, so the captain had to come on his single. If it had been just us, I don't think I would have gotten Stoker out of the house. That's why group rides are so great. We're all part of a larger team. We had a long section of road without lights near the end, so we took the front and TTed it for almost 20 minutes. It's especially important to have fun in the rain.

We were really lucky to have that melt-out happen Sunday morning. I drove to and from a party Saturday night, and drove by many a warning light that turned out to be the back or front end of a car in the ditch with its blinker on.

Last edited by Carbonfiberboy; 02-28-11 at 12:28 PM.