Old 03-01-11, 09:25 AM
Aahzz

Bikes: '17 Trek FX2, '19 Trek FX 3 Disc

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked 214 Times in 87 Posts
And away we go.....

Hiya Folks, I'm Aahzz. Used to hang out around these parts a little bit, but have been away for several years. Fell off the fitness/exercise wagon a couple years ago. Been heavier all my life, but when my Dad passed away in 09 I found a lot of comfort in food, and shot up to an all-time high of 374 over the holiday season this year - which gave me the gift of diabetes. So, now I have to fix it. Down to 357 from giving up alcohol, and watching the food, and now need to get active again. Bought some kettlebells, and am dusting off the bikes. I have 2 available, neither of which are perfect for me, but will do for now as I don't have available cash for something new. Will be taking the Giant Sedona ST out this evening to see if it truly doesn't shift well, or if it's my technique 0 I just remember having lots of difficulty with the front derailleur, even after LBS adjustments. Tomorrow I'll be taking the Giant Rincon out, to see if I can get along with the mountain bike geometry on local roads - bought it to try mountain biking, discovered I hate the trails.

So, after that, will be deciding which, if either, I'm keeping...may sell both to try and get something more suited to my style, may keep one and sell the other to fund a tune-up, new helmet, and accessories. Either way, it seems like several of you here are on the same journey of getting from way too big to appropriate size, so I figure I'll chime in and we can keep each other company.