View Single Post
Old 03-05-11, 06:10 PM
Commodus

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Well. I would...okay, wheels first. I wouldn't spend the money on 36h Peter White wheels. I mean I'm sure they're super, but 32h Open Pros rolling on Ultegra hubs will be super tough and last forever. Lighter and more fun for you too.

I would probably go with a 105 build...with Dura-Ace DT shifters. I'm weird like that though, I like them better than bar-ends. And I would like to save the money over brifters. I really like the new Ritchey Classic line, so I would buy his seatpost, stem and bar. Brooks would provide the saddle and bar tape, I guess. I don't really have strong feelings about these things, but you seem to so Brooks is nice. SKS fenders in silver. Bulletproof bike that would last forever, take you through any terrain and keep you smiling.

But take all this with a grain of salt though. My schedule is a little off this week so today is my rest day - I'm about 5 beers in. Drinking a Duchy Originals Organic Old Ruby Ale currently...tastes super, and a long enough name to be adequately snoblicious too.

Oh right...and Tubus for the rack. Get a silver one. Arkel for the bags.

Also, I think you're mad for not getting the blue.