Old 03-06-11, 12:23 PM
jackb

Bikes: Trek Domane SL5, Trek Checkpoint SL5, Cannndale Trail SE 4, Specialized Langster

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked 134 Times in 72 Posts
As a retired person on a fixed income, there is really nothing I can do. I depend exclusively on my car to get me into town, to shop for food and anything else for that matter, and to take me to the places I want to go. I love to travel, to camp, to hike, to ski, to fish, to kayak and to bicycle. Only the latter activity does not depend completely on my driving anywhere. so I just pay the higher gas prices. When it gets to the point that it begins to tear into my monthly expenses, I'll just have to cut down on the driving or on some other expense. I drive fuel efficient cars, but I live in Montana and my drives to the places of my outdoor activities are usually between fifty and a hundred miles one way. Nothing is close here in the Big Sky State even though the mountains are right outside my window. I'm hoping that inflation will increase only gradually and that I'll grow too old to do all things that I love to do by the time I can't afford to do them. But the cycling is good right here in town, as is the walking so I can always increase the frequency with which I do them.