Old 03-06-11, 12:33 PM
rohaco13

Bikes: 2010 Specialized Rubaix Comp Compact; Civia Hyland 8 spd IGH

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Is Trek Soho DLX the right bike for my commute?

I am a road cyclist who usually rides 75 to 100 miles per week (finally I'm off the trainer and back on the road) on my Specialized Rubaix...decided to make getting to work part of my normal weekly rides and am looking for a commuter bike to cover 12 miles each way with panniers for the laptop, change of clothing etc...

The ride has a couple of fairly hefty hills on the end nearest my house...I want to make the ride in less than an hour...yes I understand the will depend on me primarily...I normally train on my road bike at about 17mph, including the rolling hills of PA....

I really like the low maintenance of the 8 speed Shimano Alfine gear set, disc brakes and carbon belt drive on the Soho DLX....don't know if the gearing and bike will be a good choice for my needs...the local Trek store does not carry the bike in stock, so to see it or try it, I have to buy it...

My second choice would be a Specialized Sirrius, with disc brakes, fenders and racks...but I really like the functional Urban cool looks of the Soho DLX better...

Please share your opinion on this topic....greatly appreciated....