View Single Post
Old 03-06-11, 04:13 PM
LarDasse74

Bikes: I never learned to ride a bike. It is my deepest shame.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by captnfantastic
In my opinion expensive saddles are bull****. I ride the nashbar cr2 on my mtn and cross bikes and the r2 on my road bike. $15-30 bucks depending on the saddle and sale. I love them. Brooks are good saddles but they need to be broken in. The break in period can be difficult. I dunno i've spent $150 on a fizik aliante and would rather ride my nashbar saddles any day. Other than that try test saddles. My bike shop has about 15 test saddles to try out. Good luck!
I agree that the price of a saddle has no bearing on comfort... in fact many expensive saddles have cheaper twins with less exotic rail and shell materials. At the shop where I was working in ~2002, we had forged alloy rail Specialized saddles for $200, and steel rail version for $34.99. I tried and loved the $200 saddle, bought the $34.99 saddle, and have been happy ever since.

However, everyone's arse is different, so what works for you or I might not work for someone else... and maybe I would be happy with the steel rail version of a saddle while the subtle shape and construction differences of the carbon model is needed for someone else's comfort.