nkohler

Bikes: 1983 Peugeot UO14

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
New here, starting my biking commute.

Hello everyone.

I recently acquired a new job and it put me within a mile or so from my home. Obviously gas is not getting any cheaper so it just made sense to me to find a bike for me and my wife (who also lives a mile from her workplace).

For myself I wanted something older and had a bit of character without breaking the bank. Of course I picked a French bike.

I am new to bikes. I haven't had a decent one since cars took over my mode of transportation so I have been reading up a lot the past few days. There is a ton of info on this site!

My ride is a 1983 Peugeot UO14. It appears to have most all original equipment and has been freshened up and rides really well. It does have the dreaded Helicomatic wheel and maybe the dreaded AVA bars? not sure.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kohlerc...7626209981652/

For her we are still up in the air. We would like a good entry level commuter that does not cost an arm and a leg and is easy to ride. Suggestions anyone?

Anyhow, I am looking forward to mulling around here and soaking up the knowledge and hopefully getting some direction too as I may need it.

Thanks,

Neil