Old 03-06-11, 10:40 PM
Rixtory

Bikes: 1986 Cilo 12 Speed, 2003 Trek 7700 FX, 2016 Specialized Diverge, 2020 Specialized Turbo Vado 5-SL

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Picked up a new Motobecane Le Champion Ti bike this week...

Very excited. I assembled and checked out the bike on Thursday night, replacing the old Cilo (rest her soul) and spend the better part of yesterday with new road shoes and shimano yellow cleats and test riding the riding the bike for fit. I got a 56 after months of deliberation and checking and rechecking my fit.

So after playing with the seat position slider, seatpost, handlebar cant, and cleat position, I think I have it all figured out. It rides so smoothly (Only got aobut 5 miles on it), but it is so different from very flexible Tange Cromo Cilo and miles apart from my alum trek 7700FX, which I plan on keeping (N+1). Even at 56, and just barely able to straddle the toptube in my cleats, I find I have the seat set almost maxed out @8.5 out of 9 on the seatpost height indicator).

[Warning: Gushing....]
I am surprised at the compactness of the bike and very little clearance between the rear wheel and the seat stay.
Really looking forward to cranking on her too. I marvel at how light she is at 17.6 lbs...