View Single Post
Old 06-06-05, 12:59 PM
klondike300
klondike300

Location: Looking for my lung on Green Mountain or flowing the trails at Port Gamble

Bikes: Cannondale(x3). Synapse, cyclocross and 29er Scalpel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
As far as prepping, I'm sure I didn't do it right or else I wouldn't have cramped up. It wasn't escpecially hot but rather muggy so that probably didn't help. The night before these charity rides, I usually do the pasta and chicken thing and then a normal oatmeal and banana breakfast a couple of hours ahead of time. Grabbed a banana and bagel again at the start area.As far as eating on the ride, they gave us stops at 11 and 21 miles and had plenty of bagels, bananas, fruit leather and water. I carry Gatorade or equivalent on the bike for long rides like this as well as a full camelback. No easier way to drink while climbing than a camelback. I also like the chewy granola bars and the chocolate or vanilla gu packets if I'm crappy along the way.

The location was in Fall City, WA. Bottom of Snoqualmie Pass (I-90). Excellent singletrack.
I've done the 150 road ride also. This year it's two different loops from the same start/finish point but I don't think I'll have the time to do it this year. Working on a team for next year though.