View Single Post
Old 03-08-11, 09:45 AM
Richard Cranium

Bikes: 2003 LeMond -various other junk bikes

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked 44 Times in 35 Posts
I will be looking for another option, either a specific helmet light or a more powerful AA or AAA flashlight to ghetto rig to my helmet
Lighting advice is almost always confusing because everyone has a different definition or expectation as to what it means to "see" satisfactorily. And then of course, "specs" are used to try and give a new user an idea of how one light may compare to another. But again, all "specs" are not created equal and each user has a different priority of their importance.

This means you can have several lights with nearly identical specs and you will find some lights appearing to "work better" than the others.

Keep in mind, if you really want to check out what makes you happy - the only way - is to use the light in the conditions you expect to use it in. The next best thing is to search you-tube for flash light and bike light demo movies.

If you wait a while - I'm going to post a movie about a light I just became aware of. It's impressive, and my demo will show how the concepts of throw, flood and pattern can distort simple specs like lumen.

I currently endorse this light as the best "all around" light because of the flood to throw adjustable lens.

Last edited by Richard Cranium; 03-08-11 at 09:50 AM. Reason: I added a link