Old 03-10-11, 05:12 PM
Pamestique 
Shredding Grandma!

Bikes: I don't own any bikes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
[QUOTE=2intune;12342463]I have an apartment at one of the nicest complexes in Irvine, just down the hill from Sage. One bedroom = $1,475/month. That's pretty much the top of the market, literally and figuratively. .

QUOTE]

In comparison, I rent a 2 bedroom apartment, in north tustin - it's an older complex but the apartment is garden style, single level with a large yard and a garage. 1400 sq ft. I pay $1,555./mo. My trade off is I don't have a fire place or laundry facilities in my apartment. It's also not a gated community but is in an high end area, although away from the beach. I'm about 15 miles away.... easy peasy by bike!

Rob - good luck on Sage... I mean it. Several friends of mine have children there or have graduated from there. I believe its a great school.

I also spent time in the Marin area. Totally different than So Cal, as one would expect. Prices are higher and weather is colder and foggier. Riding is different as well. Lot more wide open spaces here... there you are basically riding in the hills unless you travel outside the country. Either way, Cal's riding is nice... now the politics - another story!

Private docent led mountain bike rides through Limestone Canyon. Go to letsgooutside.org and register today! Also available: hikes, equestrian rides and family events as well as trail maintenance and science study.

Last edited by Pamestique; 03-10-11 at 05:16 PM.