paktinat

Bikes: a few crappy ones.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Stuborn stuck AL seat post in CF frame

Hello;

I have a 2008 FUji team frame that the OEM 27.2 AL seat post had become forever stuck inside. I worked my way through the sheldon methods, sacrificial seat, ammonia on seat tube, upside down in the vise, etc. with no luck.

I decided to try the hacksaw method, so I cut the post off leaving an inch above the seat tube. I made the cuts and tried to collapse the post with vise grips. Maybe I was too scared to cut deep enough or maybe it's just REALLY stuck, but all that got me was removing the 1 inch of seat post material above the seat tube.

So now I have a seat post down in there with no real way to grab onto it. I've tried to do some reading decided what the next attempt would be before I give up on the frame. I read that some people have used adjustable hand reamers to remove seat posts.

Basically I am asking, is this the next step I should take? Is there anything else I could try before buying this tool?
If that's my only next step; I know harbor freight tools suck, but would one from there be sufficient since it will be the only time I will be using this tool? Also, what cutting fluid should one use that would not damage the carbon?

Also, i guess I should ask this. do LBS shops typically have this type of equipment if I whimp out and want to pay someone to try and ream it out?

thanks.