View Single Post
Old 03-12-11, 08:49 PM
scubapilot2000

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm 6'5" with a human-sized torso and extra long legs and arms. With this type of frame I carry my 275lbs pretty well though I am getting into the cycling thing to drop a few. I was looking for a bike frame, wheels, etc that would also support me (hence switching to the Deep Vs).

No extra charge for the extra large bike (good for me) BUT I am limited in several other areas. First, I'm limited in into the sheer choices of bikes/frames that come in my size. Next, I can't just walk into a LBS to test ride or even buy a bike. I'm just not an off the shelf guy . I ended up test riding several 61's and a couple of 59's hoping that the final bike in the final size works for me (no returns on special orders).

I’m a complete newb as it relates to cycling (and this forum as you can tell). Last bike I had was 20 years ago in college. Did my first real ride this morning 16 miles of flat lands. It all felt great (well my butt was a little sore that last couple of miles). My goal is to get to a point where I can ride a century. I’m hoping I can get there.

Thanks again for the patience with my newbieness. I’ve got a lot to learn. Drive side vs non-drive side…who woulda thunk it!!