Old 03-14-11, 03:18 PM
SesameCrunch
Eschew Obfuscation

Bikes: 2005 Fuji Professional, 2002 Lemond Zurich, Folders - Strida, Merc, Dahon, Downtube, Recumbent folder

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jaypayne
While I understand in general principal how complex your invention is, anything over 300 USD might be too high of a price point for the masses in the US in my opinion. In my opinion, you will have to have an excellent marketing pitch to your target audience in order to get more than $299 for the me-mover. I hope I am wrong because I really like the device itself, but that is just my opinion based on my background in wholesale product and my general business experience in the US.
I think that saying $299 is a limitation is simplifying things a bit. If that were true, why is there a market for the $10,000 Moultons, or $5,000 Bike Fridays, or even the $800 Strida (one of which is sitting in my closet now)? I think it's all about designing for your target audience, and hitting the mark flawlessly.

The Me-Mover seems to me to fit in a niche that the Strida does. It is a personal transport device that extends how far an average person can go without resorting to external motors. It's good for short distances, multi-modal commutes, around-town errands. Like the Strida, I love how small and easy it is to fold up and store away. It complements use of public transportation.

Last edited by SesameCrunch; 03-15-11 at 12:11 PM.