Thread: Weight Loss ?
View Single Post
Old 03-15-11, 01:22 AM
ecovelo

Bikes: 1992 Trek 950, 1994 Canondale M600, 2000 Cannondale C300, 2004 Santa Cruz Juliana, 2010 Salsa Vaya, 2013 Jamis Dragon - Team Issue, 2019 Salsa Timberjack, 2020 Tern Vektron

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
1+ to getting an MD and/or Nutritionist involved if you can.

Every body is different... but you will undoubtedly hit a "plateau" at some point - as I think we all do.

There are ways to optimize weight loss, and ways to optimize fat loss. And not all bodies respond the same.

Definitely focus on "lifestyle change" - and that doesn't necessarily mean grave deprivation. The more you adopt healthier habits incrementally, the easier I think it is to maintain those healthy habits.

I know gradually can sound boring, non-competitive, uninspiring and downright impossible if you don't see big results immediately - this is one of my greatest challenges. But it really is best overall for your health, fitness, emotional well-being and sustainability.

For me (and many), losing the weight isn't so hard - it's keeping it off. I finally had to spend some time trusting that I could maintain my weight over a period of time before I could start losing weight again, gradually. Otherwise I "yo-yo" the same 25lbs - lost then gained - over and over again.

It's great to have goals... As I get older I value my health and fitness measurements and abilities (ie; keeping blood pressure low, the ability to get in a quick km in the pool before work, etc.) more than I value what I actually weigh in pounds.

Good luck and please share with us your learnings and success!