Old 03-16-11, 09:55 AM
specbill
Riding Heaven's Highwayson the grand tour

Bikes: '10 C'Dale Tandem RT2. '07 Trek Tandem T2000, '10 Epic Marathon MTB, '12 Rocky Mountain Element 950 MTB, '95 C'dale R900, "04 Giant DS 2 '07 Kona Jake the Snake, '95 Nishiki Backroads

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
'can't speak to the current market for tandem MTB's........ but when it come to holding on to good stuff that "I had no real plans for again, but that I might use some day", I've definitely done a 180 over the years.
In the more recent years I've concluded that it is best to sell unused stuff sooner rather than later unless you have a pretty good vision for it.. All to often when I did not sell something when it was fairly current it just gathered dust became out of style and lost its value. Between bike stuff and motorsports stuff over many many years, I discovered I had a real knack for saving stuff that I might use some day only to find that by the time 'some day' never came, I could not give it away.
Granted, once in a while, something became a "classic' or I actually did use again, but mostly it just became nice, well preserved items of near zero value taking up space in the shop.
Then to of course, like anyone, I've gotten rid of stuff that I wish I still had, but those times are fairly rare.......
Truthfully, I now find that I actually enjoy seeing people use and have fun with things that I had sitting idle and wasting away.

Bill J

Last edited by specbill; 03-16-11 at 10:00 AM. Reason: typo