Thread: Felt TK3
View Single Post
Old 03-18-11, 11:58 AM
slvr92

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Felt TK3

Hey everybody, so as I was searching through my local CL, came across a Felt TK3 for $500 that has only been ridden about 5 times in a velodrome and the tires have not touched the roads yet. Haven't seen much thoughts and insights from others on this bike while searching on Google, and I'm assuming at $500 for this bike is a steal.

The guy lives about 20 minutes away from me and so I actually want this bike, but there's also a Windsor The Hour that's $300 that I have my eye on as well seeing that it's a tad cheaper than the Felt TK3.

What I'm wondering is that, will the TK3 hold up to long distance touring? I plan to hit up the bike trails this summer that is about roughly 50 miles back and forth. It seems like the Felt TK3 is mostly made for track racing, but if anybody could let me know if it can be used for road and commuting, that would be great.

I'm just trying to grab myself a bike right now due to the raising gas prices and well, schools about 20 minutes away so if I can grab a bike, wake up earlier to head to my classes, without needing to drive to school and waste gas up a hill, it would be great.

So let me know what you guys think. Yay or nay on this purchase? I'm quite indecisive, but if I can get some opinion from others who have more knowledge of these bikes than me, it would be great.