Mr. Beanz
Banned.

Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by magohn
I have SRAM Rival on my Roubaix and the wife as 105 on her Ruby. Both bikes bought at the same time in 2010 and both systems have never missed a beat in literally thousands of miles....
The key is keeping them finely tuned. I have DA on my Canni and 105/ Ultegra on my Lemond. I notice a difference in the shifters "click" but after 5 mintues, I wouldn't know what bike I was riding in a blind fold test. 105 shifters have about 18,000 miles an still shift flawlessly.

I have seen some dudes with high end stuff that shifts like poop cause it's out of adjustment. Matter of fact, a buddy had a nice DeRosa with Ultegra parts. His rear shifter wasn't doing so well after one of those $100 tuneups at the LBS. He mentioned it to the shop and the reponse was "that's why we sell Dura Ace" I asked about his rear when I saw that he was having problems on our ride. He told me hte story. We hoppped off the bikes and within a minute, it was running smoothly. I rode with him for 2 more years and he never had a problem with it during that time.