View Single Post
Old 03-19-11, 11:41 PM
Tom Stormcrowe
Out fishing with Annie on his lap, a cigar in one hand and a ginger ale in the other, watching the sunset.

Bikes: Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by bassjones
I'm always checking the Indy, Muncie, Lafayette and other reasonably close to Ft. Wayne Craig's list ads for 56cm bikes. There are two guys in Indy who always have bikes listed and they're both always asking premium prices for them. BTW, if you see one on the Ft. Wayne list you want me to check out for you, I'm more than happy to do it. I'm looking for one the same size for my daughter (5'10" at 12 and still growing...), but nowhere near that price range. There's one up right now - a CAAD9-6 - but the guy wants too much for it. We had talked about a straight trade for my Bike E, but he wanted me to throw in $150 and he was going to take off a bunch of the accessories. The bike was $750 new and he's asking over $800 for it because of the accessories, which is crazy. I might just sell him my Bike E outright, but he was only offering me $400 and won't come up off that... Tempting though, because there's not a huge demand for them and I could use the money to finish paying off my layaway.
If you find something in Lafayette, I can directy look at it for you. I live here, remember. PM me if you find something. The right timing, and I could even run it up to the Fort if I'm going up to the lake for the weekend. It'd only be a bit out of the way, or we could meet at Wabash, or something.

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant