Old 03-20-11, 05:48 PM
myrridin
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wogsterca
Your a diagnosed diabetic who is regulated, I would expect that if you got that kind of reading, you would be in serious trouble, someone who is not a diagnosed diabetic and is not on a diabetic medication, could be in much less trouble. Give me half a large pizza, a large coke and follow that up with an ice cream sundae with chocolate sauce and a cherry on top, and I could show you a 400 an hour later (I know, I have done it ), now two hours after that and it's perfectly normal, because I am not a diabetic, and yes I have had an A1C to prove it. A single large reading, does not mean that a person is diabetic and any doctor who diagnoses diabetes on a single hand held test, should lose his licence.
One can have a normal A1C and still be a diabetic. While not a doctor, my understanding is that a blood glucose reading of 140 or higher two hours after your last meal or higher than 100 if you are fasting is abnormal. Your body should maintain your blood glucose below those levels. If it isn't than you are diabetic, which to my understanding means that your body is not regulating blood glucose normally.

From what I've read on the subject, the morbidly obese are almost always diabetic; howver, they may be asymptomatic...