View Single Post
Old 03-21-11, 05:44 PM
shyonelung

Bikes: 1998 Amp Research dual suspension mtn bike; 2012 Ridley Orion full Carbon (Ultegra)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
So an update on my vacation rental. I got out on a long ride for the first time since I got here. I've been riding a hybrid so the road bike was weird at first but once I got the fit adjusted, it was so light ... makes my bike feel like a tank. I'm staying in Sarasota with my folks and not even 5 minutes away is a wonderful trail called the Legacy Trail. It goes about 10 miles or so on mostly flat ground, winding along a lovely scenic vista of low-lying foliage and preserved swamp land (I think it used to be railway). I got out a little late this morning and it was hot and sticky but it was truly lovely. The wind was up a bit which actually made for the kind of challenging ride I didn't expect, what with there being no hills of note. I'm gonna get my non-morning ass out of bed early tomorrow so I can take the entire route. It was too hot and it had been too long (a week) since my last ride that I just didn't want to push it today.

if you're ever in this area, I recommend the trail. So nice to not have to dodge those four-wheel beasts for a change. :-D

PS Glad I brought my pedals, shoes and helmet. Oh, and I got a great deal on the bike -- $100 for 5 days.