Mr. Beanz
Banned.

Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by exile
To everyday commuters those downpours/hailstorms are a spa treatment. We learn to think of them as gentle massages or exfoliates. My skin would be glistening if I could feel it.

Yeah, we are lucky we don't have to deal with that,. But if we did, we'd be better dressed for the weather. I myslef get cold with the altitude. End of October we rode up to the nearly 8000 ft point. I had a windbreaker but geeze it was freezing on the descent. Eventhough the sun was shining we hit 40 mph winds on the climb which casue a pretty good chilling effect. On the descent my ears were so frozen that it felt like I had those big costume jewelry earrings on. Coldest I ever was had to be on a 5,000 ft pouring rain descent on GMR soaking wet with no windbreaker etc. Rain caught us by surprise and temps dropped to 30 degreees. In either case, I know the proper equipment would make a huge difference.

We have some people tease us about the cold but remember, we are used to climbing in 100 temps so not being acclimated to the cold aint one of our strong points. We get our revenge when summer comes. When it's 85 outside, they're inside with the AC while we're out climbing 5,000 ft in 100 degreee temps.