bike eagle
Banned.

Bikes: Specialized Sequoia

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 446 Post(s)
Liked 63 Times in 41 Posts
Originally Posted by neneboricua
Did they make these adjustments before or after seeing you on it? Was it more of a "basic fit" where they adjust the saddle position and maybe put a different stem on?
It was more of a "basic fit."

Originally Posted by neneboricua
Most people need to make the same adjustment you did. Another way to think about it is to rotate your pelvis back. Instead of your pelvis being horizontal (like you sit in a chair), it is rotated back so that your sitbones take the weight of the body.
Funny how different people describe the same feeling in different ways. To me, sitting in a chair feels more like my pelvis is "back." Maybe "vertical" is a petter word, in reference to my lower back. The correct pelvis angle (to me) feels more like my pelvis is rotated "forward." If you imagine your pelvis as a bowl, I would say that the pelvis it sitting flat or "back" when sitting normally in a chair, but should be rotated "forward" some while cycling. Another way to say it is that it feels to me like your weight should be more on the "front" of your sitbones, rather than on the "bottom" of them.

Man, describing feelings is difficult!