Old 03-27-11, 07:41 AM
Trouble
Sloth Hunter

Bikes: 03 Lemond Zurich (Sold) 07 Steelman Custom steel road bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for that post oldbobcat, great perspective and excellent description. It makes me think that I am heading in the direction with my own fit.
I'll have to experiment with rolling my pelvic bowl forward onto the front of my SB and softer tissue. It's a place I fought with for a long time...but, I'm hoping that moving the saddle back/down will help in being able to do this while lowering the bars some...and stretching. It has helped me so far in being more stable on the saddle and resulting in less issues elsewhere.

Since lowering my saddle, I have been a lot more comfortable on the saddle. Steve reading up on seat height.
Here is a quote from Steve Hogg's blog: "All 5 had been "professionally fitted" (their words) and the major cause; or at least a large part of the cause for the issues that brought them here was too high a seat height. And I don't mean a couple of mm; I mean between 12mm and 25mm too high."

Anyway, I hope this thread continues with the awesome insightful knowledge. It's helping me a lot. Thanks.

Last edited by Trouble; 03-27-11 at 07:46 AM.