View Single Post
Old 03-27-11, 08:57 PM
Ritterview
Tandem Vincitur

Bikes: BMC Pro Machine SLC01, Specialized Globe, Burley Rock 'N Roll tandem, Calfee Dragonfly tandem.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by KenHuffman
I run Garmin Edge up front and I have a wired computer for my stoker. I wouldn't assume one sensor battery would be able to drive two computers.

I didn't know whether the signal of a wireless computer would reach the stoker handlebars from either wheel...
I too have a Garmin Edge, and after doing some reasearch found that the only non-Garmin computer that will read from the Garmin ANT+ cadence/speed sensor is Bontrager's $75 Node 1 and $140 full-featured Node 2, reviewed here

I purchased a Node 2 at my LBS for $129. In addition to the Node 1's usual speed/cadence function, it has an altimeter, heart rate monitor, and most importantly, Grade%. Essentially it has everything a Garmin has, save GPS (with the addition of temperature, which is handy).

A team starting wireless from scratch, that wanted to keep their Garmin options open, could get two Node's operating off the same sensor, and when they eventually get a Garmin simply substitute for one of the Nodes.

No wires:

Detail

Stoker's view

Garmin ANT+ Cadence/Speed Sensor.........Side view