Old 03-28-11, 10:15 AM
robtown
Muscle bike design spec

Bikes: 70 Atala Record Proffesional, 00 Lemond, 08 Kestrel Evoke, 96 Colnago Master Olympic, 01 Colnago Ovalmaster, 76 Raleigh Gran Sport, 03 Fuji World, 86 Paramount, 90 Miyata CF, 09 Ritchey Breakaway CX, Bianchi Trofeo, 12 OutRiderUSA HyperLite

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by FBinNY
Read my post above, and start by deciding whether you're dealing with #1 which I call a load skip, or #2 which I call a feed skip. The causes and cures are totally different for the two so deciding which is the first step.
#2 chain not feeding properly - Do you mean not threaded through the RD, not aligned (RD or drop bent), or not adjusted correctly for indexing? I don't think that applies in my case - it's probably #1. The chain only skips in the middle cogs and only under load.

Originally Posted by Bianchigirll
if the cassette was worn and new chain or viceversa you would not notice it in the stand.

but I agree it may be your cassette.

PS sounds like a great ride.
I'm hoping she'll be a great ride. I posted in C&V (no pics yet). I also have a issue with the front fork (Al) shuddering on braking. I'd hate to have to use mini-Vs since the cantilevers are so sharp and work great. A fork mounted guide won't work (no mounting hole on fork). Any comments on the downsides of the shudder apart from being annoying - I suspect it's bad for the headset.