Old 03-28-11, 07:55 PM
Yen
Surly Girly

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by khosch
Hi - you sent me a message, but I can't respond since I have not posted 50 public messages. That seems a bit whack, doesn't it?
At any rate, when I started the flexbar it really did hurt to do the exercise so I only did 5 or 10 reps and one set. But I did a set every few hours and in a couple of days I could do 15 reps at a time. In a week or so it didn't hurt but I continued to do the exercise for about a week. That was months ago and I am still pain-free. However, I only had pain in my elbow - not in my shoulder.
Do you mean you did 1 set every few hours throughout the day, every day? That would be several sets a day. I've been doing 3 sets 1x/day as recommended. Doing them as shown in the video hurts my shoulder so I'm doing a modified version as follows: keeping my elbows bent at my sides throughout the exercise, I hold the flexbar in my affected hand with my wrist fully extended, twist the other end with my left (unaffected) hand, then slowly untwist it with my affected hand to a fully-flexed position. I do 3 sets of 15 once a day (I began with 5 reps each set).