Old 03-29-11, 09:38 AM
outwest5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The flats were one on the front and one on the back. Both the same failure. I think it may be just bad tubes. They were the cheapest looking things I have ever seen. I looked on the Michelin website and they recommend their 700/25-32 tubes for the tires. The lbs put on 700/23 tubes. I think the flats weren't the fault of the rim or tire. Still, if I keep the 25's I will try extra padding there with a bit of tube as was suggested here. I checked the inside of the rim and it is smooth (no rim tape on Ksyrium Elite rims): http://www.mavic.com/en/product/whee.../Ksyrium-Elite

The main issue is fighting to get the wheel on and off and having to readjust the brake every time. I DID have the lbs adjust the brakes. They tried to make it super easy, but the cable will only loosen so far and the screw only has so much turning play. They did make it possible, but you have to shove and push or else inflate/deflate. I want it to just drop out. I have been taking my bike all over the place (kind of like taking a dog in the back seat). I can get 23's and change them back and forth to the 25's when I want to (like for an all day ride). I don't want to get rid of the 25's- they are nice! I want to try the 23's for ease of use.

I have been thinking about getting a rack for the car. Then you don't have to mess with the bikes at all- just pop them on there. That will probably be my next question.

I will look at your tire suggestions, thanks!