Sixty Fiver
Bicycle Repair Man !!!

Bikes: See my sig...

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked 128 Times in 95 Posts
Originally Posted by I_like_cereal
My normal tech for basic repairs and such is me. I built my bike from the ground up after I bought the frame. For all the hard stuff, wheel truing, things I am lost on, or frame straightening I go to WTF bikes on 7th and clay. I went to Bike Gallery for a wheel true and tension on my rear wheel. They did a good job, but failed to educate/warn me of the hazards of having even 2mm of thin side wall. So I am not sure that I want to go back.

Personal preference with techs is tell me what can wait and tell me what can't. A thin side wall obviously cannot wait to be replaced.
Just realized you live in Springfield...

WTF is a great little shop and have hung out there a bit and expect that they will not give you any BS... you can also head up Division to A Better Cycle as their crew is also very skilled and I found them to be very knowledgeable when they loaned me some shop space
to overhaul my friend's SA hub.

Am not sure how much you paid for the new wheel but you should be able to get a a decent 130mm road wheel for around $100.00... you could also call Citybikes to see what they have in stock... sometimes they have some really decent used parts that will be better than a lower end factory built wheel.