Old 04-02-11, 04:32 PM
twobadfish
Riding

Bikes: Motobecane Fantom Cross Pro; Motobecane Nemesis Pro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
After many miles I think I finally nailed down my fit. Initially I struggled with wrist pain - as A LOT of weight was on my hands. But I didn't understand how weight couldn't be on my hands because if I removed the weight by lifting my arms up from the bars I would fall forward to the point of crashing if I didn't catch myself.

So initially my bars were tilted WAY too far down. So far down that it was impossible to ride on the hoods. So I rotated the bars up to a level position and dropped my seat post by about 1cm. This helped a lot but I still had quite a bit of weight on my hands and my junk kept going numb. Then today I stumbled across this thread and with what I learned from personal accounts and Cobb's videos I made two more adjustments.

I tilted the saddle up three positions and flipped my stem. Took it for a test ride and I was really pleased. I could almost completely remove my hands from the bars and still pedal efficiently AND I didn't feel like there was any pressure on my junk. I'm going to resist the temptation to make more adjustments and go on a long ride and potentially make small adjustments as needed. But I feel pretty good about this.

Wrist pain = defeated. $150 = saved.