View Single Post
Old 04-10-11, 08:40 AM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by wobblyoldgeezer
Re the quote above, did you get the story in the St. Andrews evening paper, along the lines of "2 St Andrews graduates announced their engagement. One is an RAF trainee and the other has an administrative position in a retail chain"

Nothing at all wrong with either job, both very respectable, just nice to read a more factual and less giddy report!
Just face it--Until Prince "Bill" gets a more prominent role within the Monarchy-Like become King- he is just a mere mortal like the rest of us. A very rich and fortunate mortal but at present he has his own life to forge and make.

I cannot remember the Queens wedding but I do Remember Charles' wedding and that was not lasting.

Now a Coronation- That is something I will get excited about as I can remember the street party we had at the last one. Fish paste sandwiches and a jelly with real fruit instead of tinned stuff. Someone must have had a contact in the Black Market to get the amount of food and lemonade us kids put away that day.

And for the Americans--That was in 1953 and Britain was still in the throes of Food Shortages from the war. Most food had only just come off rationing and it was hard to find-let alone buy.

Spike Milligan