View Single Post
Old 04-10-11, 12:09 PM
cranky old dude

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Dog owners are idiots

I finally got my '86 Raleigh Marathon set up to make me a little safer and more self reliant out on the road. I've mounted a rack for my tool laden trunk bag, rear light, mirror and even a bell. Ain't she just gorgeous?

My little 11 mile test ride today brought me to the epiphany that dog owners are indeed idiots. Selfish, stupid, non caring idiots.

I haven't always felt this way, in fact up until today I had the utmost respect for 99% of the dog owners I've come accross while cycling. Today must have been National Moron day.

Of the five dog walkers I passed one was freindly, aware of his surroundings, and in control his dog. Two were aware of me only because I came at them face to face. They were plugged into their butt, I know this because I could see the wires leading from their ears down towards their butts. Neither one of them even as much as smiled as I passed and said hello.

Down on the 3/4 mile long bridge accross the marsh a couple had their precious little yappers running free off the leash. No amount of commands, pleading, or yelling by these two morons could stop their precious little doggies from chasing me across the bridge. (Had either of them caught me. I'd have been tempted to throw the little beasties into the river )

The last walker was the only one I had approached from the rear. Her big lab was on one of those three mile long leads and was about 10 feet ahead of her. Rather than slowing to about 10 mph as I always do when passing face to face, I dropped it down to about 6mph. I proudly rang my brand new bell from about 10 feet behind her but of course she couldn't hear me as she too was plugged into her butt. The lab crossed dirrectly in front of me and of course I stopped in plenty of time 'cause I'm smart enough to expect the unexpected. Luckily the incident suprised and startled the crap of the dummy holding the leash and I got to ride away laughing to myself.

I wonder which of the idiots I saw today left the dog feces on the bridge.

O.K. So no, this is not nor has it been the norm. I generally come accross the nicest people when I'm out riding. The pet owners are quite responsible and very freindly. Today, for some reason, was a big exception to the norm. I fully expect that I'll ride the same route tomorrow and meet really nice people with well behaved pets. The dog droppings might even be gone by then.

The dude has vented, the dude feels gooder.

Last edited by cranky old dude; 04-10-11 at 12:12 PM. Reason: speling