View Single Post
Old 04-11-11, 08:41 AM
robtown
Muscle bike design spec

Bikes: 70 Atala Record Proffesional, 00 Lemond, 08 Kestrel Evoke, 96 Colnago Master Olympic, 01 Colnago Ovalmaster, 76 Raleigh Gran Sport, 03 Fuji World, 86 Paramount, 90 Miyata CF, 09 Ritchey Breakaway CX, Bianchi Trofeo, 12 OutRiderUSA HyperLite

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
I rode the Kestrel 8 miles to work this morning. It was warm, humid, with a strong headwind. I wore shorts, a short sleeve jersey and arm/leg warmers.

The drive-train was smooth and precise, quiet with no complaints. The braking strong and precise. The wheels pinged initially as they spokes settled into place. The bike has a good road feel and the short steep climb out of my neighborhood was easier than I expected.

I had to stop a couple times to raise the saddle (it was too low, then slipped after the first adjustment) This changed the ride dramatically and put the bars lower in relation to the saddle than I prefer. As a result I'll have to adjust the clip on aero bars downward.

I have to work on the engine output and ride many more miles before passing judgement but she earned the right find her place in the pecking order.