Old 04-12-11, 02:22 PM
Hermes
Version 7.0

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1340 Post(s)
Liked 2,479 Times in 1,454 Posts
Once I start cycling, my requirement to pee reduces substantially as does most others. I can ride for a couple of hours or longer without stopping while drinking water and I try for a large bottle per hour and more if it is hot. I prefer to have to pee versus not since then I feel like I am getting enough hydration.

i have a great racing / peeing story. Last year at the start of a 50 mile road race, we lined up at the start. Now there is a neutral feed zone on a climb every 16 mile lap. So we all wanted to top off the tank at the start and since many racers are a-holes and push the pace through the neutral feed zone and so it is a good idea not to have to get water on the first lap. So I drank more during warmup and before the start. We rolled out for a 4 mile neutral start before the course started. Halfway through, the moto ref neutralized our group and we pulled over to the side. We waited and another group went by. Now, I had to pee. We have 50 men on the side of the road and we are all in the same situation. I said screw this and started to pee on the side of the road. The entire peloton whipped it out and we all peed together. A women's group goes by and says, oh look they are all peeing. This is amateur and pro cycling at its finest. We have no dignity and a man has to do what a man has to do.

Contrast cycling to golf... Can you imagine, a bunch of pro or amateur golfers peeing at the Masters in the bushes? Of course they are all pretty boys and we are the HTFU gang.

Last edited by Hermes; 04-12-11 at 06:32 PM.