Thread: Junky Atala
View Single Post
Old 04-12-11, 05:11 PM
kpug505

Bikes: Motobecane Mirage fixed gear, Nashbar Alpha Road 5000, Bianchi Grizzly, Coppi Fiorelli, , Schwinn Trike, , GT All Terra, Old Peugeot, Nishiki 3 speed, Bugatti, Cannondale Black Lightning, Dura All, Bianchi Touring, Bridgestone T700 & more

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Road Fan
Is your goal to restore the bike ("correct"), modernize it (eliminate that which is "junky"), or just make what you now own work well (bike repair and tuning)?
Where's the junk? I don't see any. ....
First I'm just gonna get it on the road and see if I like it. If I do I will then replace the components with period correct stuff worthy of the frame. Abarth emailed me a pic of a team bike dressed in Ofmega that looked nice (I have all of it too.). I also found a pic on an Italian blog that is nearly identical to mine. Full Super Record and some nice light blue cellowrap with world champ stripe tape to finish it off near the neck. I like that an awful lot. For now I have a couple different sets of tubulars (none of which are appropriate) I can throw on it and I'll replace the 105 headset and aero levers with something better looking.

As for the junky stuff. That would include the bmx pedals, mix-matched wheelset, brake levers, chipped derailleur pulleys and the 105 headset (it's ugly).

Check out my bike blog!