Old 04-13-11, 11:53 PM
ImChris

Bikes: Trek Madone, Araya commute

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'd recommend the Globe just for the fact that its a bit newer bike. Now, i am not hating on old bikes, i'm just saying it will be much easier to have an idea of what the Globe has been through throughout its entire life than the 70's bridgestone. You can always check the frame for noticeable defects, but you never really know whats it has been through in the last 40 years. It is also a conversion, which, again not hating on anything, but the Specialized is a bike that was built to be a SS/FG.

Also, about how tall are you or rather what is the inseam on your pants? The Globe is an "Extra Large" and the Bridgestone seems to be slightly big as well. You really shouldn't buy a bike that does not fit you. So you should see what size bike you need.

One last thing, have you checked out Bikes Direct at all? They have numourous bikes to fit your budget. One of the most commen referalls for new riders is teh Kilo TT. Another cheaper choice is the Windsor "The Hour". Both very good starter bikes. You can also then have the choice to pick different size bikes that will fit you well.

Hope this helps a little.

Link to BIKES DIRECT HERE

.Chris

EDIT: Yummy beat me to the Kilo TT post...haha