View Single Post
Old 04-14-11, 08:39 AM
BigPolishJimmy

Bikes: Fuji Monterey, Schwinn Traveler, Fuji Special Road Racer, Gitane Interclub, Sun EZ-1, Schwinn Frontier, Puch Cavalier, Vista Cavalier, Armstrong, Raleigh Sports, Schwinn Stingray

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
2 botched fuji-esque non-sanctioned t-shirts

One is a large, the other an extra-large, I remember not which is which. I tried to make these as a secret santa gift but they didn't turn out up to my standards. The instructables site is full of diy-screen printing how-tos that say you can just use some sheer curtains and an old picture frame to make a screen. THEY LIE!!!! my screen looked pretty good for a hand painted knock-off, but when I put the ink on and used the squeege, the curtain material gave too much and bled/sagged and basically printed for crap. After these I gave up on that screen.

One rider looks a bit like he's been infected by an alien and is about to give birth to alien spawn from his back. Perhaps his foot has been gnawed on as well. The other may be wearing baggy golf pants or a kilt and sporting robot legs... who knows. I never set the ink with an iron and tried to wash it out to reuse the shirts, but all it did was fade the color. Maybe some day I'll try this again with a good screen.

If someone really wants a crap t-shirt, they're yours for postage, otherwise I'm sure one of the kids down at the co-op can use them. PM for details. They'll probably smash into a smaller flat-rate box.

Last edited by BigPolishJimmy; 04-14-11 at 10:21 AM.