Old 04-15-11, 09:01 AM
rankin116

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nsulmol
Oh, on a side note, do people generally bike across Mohawk River via London Rd, or is that suicide? From google maps, the bridge seems pretty menacing for bikers, but I don't know of a really better option...
That bridge doesn't look to bad to me, I think I have crossed it before, but I'm not 100% on that. I would be more concerned about riding up route 9 and the intersections with routes 2 and 7. Those see some very heavy traffic. Route 9 is heavy traffic most of the way too, but it has a decent shoulder. I have ridden all around Albany county, so if you want to PM the address of your place of work, I can try to suggest some alternate routes for you, if you'd like.

Originally Posted by nsulmol
Hi everyone,

Thanks for your answers. I'll be working in Clifton Park. Good to know the path isn't plowed. If I were to live in downtown Albany, both Broadway and London Rd seem like good options. Do you guys agree?

Doohickie, if I can ask, what did you think about living in Troy? Did you find that you would've preferred to live in downtown Albany, or was there enough going on in the Troy area for your tastes?
I currently live in Troy. I love it. There's plenty of stuff to do and Troy is going through a bit of a resurgence right now, with a some new businesses coming in and some redevelopment projects going on. Of course, where in Troy you would live is important. We are in East side, not really downtown. I would like to move downtown, if we could find the right place. Troy seems to be more of an alternative type night scene, where Albany has the clubs and such. You can't go wrong either way though, I would move back to Albany if it made sense for us, but logistically it doesn't.