Old 04-15-11, 03:17 PM
Papa Tom

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 863 Post(s)
Liked 234 Times in 136 Posts
>>>>I don't get out to the trail by me as I tend to ride on the road but I could do one or two visits a year just to update the info.<<<<

I guess the one issue with that might be the fact that I've tried to present all the rides on my site from the perspective of a guy and his wife in their forties who are done with mountain biking and rough-riding and are now into leisurely bike paths and easy on-road trips. If you (or anyone offering to help) are coming from a different place (i.e. bike paths are boring to you) it would distort the view of the rides for people who have come to "trust" my judgment on certain stuff. For example, when I want a review of a movie I'm considering seeing, I usually go to the website of the one movie critic I typically agree with. That way, I can pretty much trust that he likes the same kinds of things I do. Know what I mean? I appreciate your offer (and I realize it was my request in the first place!) but I'd have to think about it a little. (Cont'd)

>>>>a) Have your goals changed? What did/do you want to accomplish by having the site?<<<<<

I just wanted to share some rides that changed my whole perspective on life...rides that I would not have found if someone had not told me about them. (cont')

>>>>Kids or Family Specific sites<<<<

This site is pretty much already all about that kind of ride. (cont'd)

>>>>Your advise to what or did not work for you<<<<<

That's what I've tried to do and why I'm hesitant to let other riders (who might have different likes and dislikes) contribute. (cont'd)

>>>A feed back on corrections and an area you can post the chsnge/correction even if YOU are unclear.<<<<

I've also tried to do that, but I'm not totally comfortable with it, especially when people introduce roads that I've never heard of. (cont'd)

>>>>You created something and the times they are a changin, but the idea is still good.<<<<<

I think it is still a valid idea. I just kind of wish someone else - someone who is on the trails all the time - would take the ball and run with it.

Thanks for all the ideas (and keep 'em coming), everyone. I know mine is not the most important bicycling site in the world, so I really appreciate this opportunity to whine!