Old 04-15-11, 03:59 PM
folder fanatic
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by fietsbob
doesn't Carradice have bike Transport bags , for regular bikes with the wheels off?

Hire one to be sewn, heavy canvas, just need a firm with a Commercial sewing machine..
Awning fabricators or Sailmakers.

Cordura nylon, and you can sew that with a sharp needle on a home machine..
Actually, I used a high quality Schmetz jeans needle on my 2 stitch very basic Kenmore home sewing machine to sew mine. I used pre-washed or rinsed softened blue demin (jeans) fabric and that has proved to be very satisfactory for my bike. It is not rocket science to make your own bag. Careful measurements of the bike itself (length, width, depth) is the most critical step. The bag is used when I want to place the folded up bike onto the luggage cart and not draw attention to it.

Then I added a wardrobe of smaller bags (the Giraffe print one is an example of the how-to adapt pre made bags for bike usage PDF pattern is now offered below at The Bicycle Hobo online store-link below) to hook on directly on the handlebars, saddle, or rear rack for my own Raleigh Twenty. The two shown below is on my Brompton or a borrowed bike, but I sometimes I do place them (or ones like them) on my Twenty.

I intend others to either sew bags themselves or hire someone to do it. If you wish, I will post a photo of the completed completed bike bag to cover the Raleigh Twenty up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg

Last edited by folder fanatic; 04-15-11 at 04:23 PM.