View Single Post
Old 04-15-11, 04:16 PM
cyclist2000

Bikes: Masi, Giant TCR, Eisentraut (retired), Jamis Aurora Elite, Zullo, Cannondale, 84 & 93 Stumpjumpers, Waterford, Tern D8, Bianchi, Gunner Roadie, Serotta, Serotta Duette, was gifted a Diamond Back

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 305 Post(s)
Liked 2,038 Times in 604 Posts
Originally Posted by megarot
Yes I am a bit over my head but who didn't start out a little over their head? That's why I'm here trying to learn about it.
I do take pride in doing something myself without taking the normal girl route of buying it complete. I want to be able to work on my bike myself.

Perhaps for my first bike I can try to get a frame with the stem/quill, seat post and BB included to help alleviate some of the stress of finding appropriate parts to fit.
None of the comments are to deter you but I think all of us on the forum would be happy if you wrote back and said

" I scored a great bike last week and it needed a little work, I adjusted the derailleurs myself and it rides great!!!! I have been logging the miles and am planning on riding the trails by the Fox River in Geneva this weekend"

I certainly don't want to read something like" AAAAHHHHHH!!!!, WHY, WHY, WHY DID I EVER GET A BIKE!! Its been strewn all over my living room and kitchen and I still don't know which bottom bracket cup goes in which side and which way to turn spindle."

I want to read that you love your bike and all of us guys on the forum.

Its good that you have so much determination.

one other piece of advice is to very careful if you are looking at french bikes. lots of their parts are a little different in sized and it is hard to find parts.