Thread: 700c Tires
View Single Post
Old 04-16-11, 03:13 PM
mobile homeless
we are apes

Bikes: '83 De Rosa Professional • '73 Pogliaghi Italcorse • 83 Colnago Super ~ Saronni • 83 Ciocc • '74 Raleigh Professional • '72 Raleigh Professional Track • '01 Cinelli Supercorsa • '80 Bianchi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cudak888
Pasela 23C's, if they're anything like the 28's.
I always found the Pasela to ride like veritable bricks compared to others. They seemed slow, too. They seem to be more a touring, all around beater tire. The Tourguard versions supposedly offer more protection.... Perhaps I've just had bad experience with them in that regard. I feel the same way about Contis compared to Michelins, which have always seemed more refined, rolling better, too. The Pro 2 Race was a great tire. Lasted about 1500 miles, all depending on your weight, riding style, and roads.

But if looking for one of the all-time best clinchers that come the closest to tubular performance and feel, I still think the Veloflex Pave, now the Master 22, heads above all mentioned. It lasts about 1200-1500 miles or so but it's 1200 amazing miles. They corner like a beast and feel supple and FAST. Very good on the roll, perhaps a notch below the Michelin, but pretty close. PBK runs a sale on them every month or so, dropping them into the mid 30s for the best deal for performance clinchers that look the part on a quality vintage ride.