View Single Post
Old 04-17-11, 05:21 PM
shnibop 

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked 48 Times in 22 Posts
i've got this Gios Torino i'd like to trade up in size. Columbus SL, drilled rear drop outs, beautiful lug work, yummy.

it is marked as a 58, but actually measurements are:

ST 56.5 C to C
ST 57 C to T

TT 55 C to C

stand over height is 32-32.5 inches on 700c/23 wheels/tires

the sad part is i've spent some time collecting a full panto group while sorting things out (building a wheelset and finding the right spindle width-crank combination), and now it's just too small.

i need something in a 59-60 (or 61 if it be a Gios), open to other fine italian frames (Colnago, Bianchi, you name it), but i'd most want to find another Gios, or let me know what you've got a little beat up is fine

frame is in excellent condition. paint has a few scrapes and chips, namely the spot by the drive side shifter where the caliper hit it at one time and the previous owner didn't take care of it. frame was repainted at some point by Betsy (reportedly JP Weigle's ex wife who use to paint his frames). the paint job is equal to or better than most any factory work. the main decals are 99% intact and do not appear to be repros, Columbus decals on fork blades are definitely not in the original placement, the wreath decal (remnants on top tube) should be on the fork.

absolutely no dents or dings, all threads are 100% intact and solid, no rust to inside of tubes, only minor surface rust on drop outs and chip by shifter.

see gallery for detailed/hi res photos on decals/etc. http://www.flickr.com/photos/alexjri...7626395272633/

IMG_0949 by shnibop, on Flickr

IMG_0946 by shnibop, on Flickr

IMG_0931 by shnibop, on Flickr

IMG_0940 by shnibop, on Flickr

IMG_0933 by shnibop, on Flickr

IMG_0939 by shnibop, on Flickr

IMG_0944 by shnibop, on Flickr

Last edited by shnibop; 04-17-11 at 09:34 PM.