View Single Post
Old 04-18-11, 08:07 PM
Scrodzilla
Your cog is slipping.

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 640 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 58 Posts
Today I woke up at 5:30am, ate some chorizo & eggs and went for a long ride along the coast while the sun came up. Was tempted to jump into the ocean but my feet told me the water was only about 45 degrees so no dice. Swung by the shop where I occasionally work as a tech, got my hands dirty doing three tune ups and building two bikes. Went across the street and bought a roast beef sandwich. Ate said roast beef sandwich while thinking how much I ****ing love roast beef sandwiches. Didn't feel like riding home with a belly full of meat so I got on the train with my bike and got off two stops later near Retrogression HQ. Packed up a bunch of orders, answered a bunch of e-mails, made some calls and waited for the mail pickup. Shot the breeze with our mail guy Jim (I swear it's the same conversation every day). Packed up my computer and rode home (about 5 minutes). Drank a beer on my back porch. Came inside and took a nap with my cat Syd. Woke up when Angie got home, fired up the grill for dinner and made some awesome teriyaki chicken, corn on the cob and sweet potatoes.

As complicated as life can be sometimes, every now and then I have days that make me feel incredibly lucky to be alive.