View Single Post
Old 06-12-05, 07:52 PM
PlantSci

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've had my new TCR C3 for 2 weeks now. Moved up from a 12+ year-old Giant Kronos (that was also the wrong size), so this thing feels like a rocket ship (a correctly-sized rocket ship). I test road a number of other bikes, all of the aluminum main tube/CF fork, seat stay, seat post persuasion. These included the Felt 65 (which I liked alot), Trek 2300 and 1500s, a Specialized Allez, and a Bianchi (I forget the model). Compared to these, the TCR had a wonderful, quiet ride. It simply lacked the buzziness I felt in the aluminum bikes. When I got back from the test ride the first thing I told my wife was that it was, compared to the other bikes, "hushed". I've rode it some 120 miles since and increasingly love it. It feels stiff under power, yet has a reasonably forgiving ride. To me it does seem to handle a bit ponderously at slow speeds, but feels fine at speed. The component spec (105, mostly) didn't compare to the other bikes I looked at and it certainly doesn't measure up in this respect to the Scattante. It's a compact geomety bike, as you likely know, so you need to make sure it works for your body type. I go in tomorrow to the LBS to get my fitting completed, so hopefully that will tweak the last few things, but I feel pretty good on the size small frame (I'm 5'7'' and 130 pounds). I can't speak for the longevity of it, obviously, but I would definitely take a look if I were you. Finally, RoadBikeReview does have some reviews of the TCRs (but not the TCRC3).