View Single Post
Old 06-12-05, 08:08 PM
sbskates

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i started riding in feb this year after being off the bike for many many years, i have rode mainly public walk jog trails for 4- 5 months. usually 20-40 miles at a time 2 3 days a week 16- 18 mph pace . then i got where i did 100 one day. i was trying to get strength up and speed for group rides all on the trails . i usually ride 16-20 miles hr now .
i usually do 20-30 miles still 3 days a week or more. i am out doing the group ride thing now and have started heading to the country to ride alone where the hills are . as i knew it would i have found riding on the road really is harder rough roads terrain etc . i have done some very hard hill routes with groups and so forth and did them i was happy . i use high quality sports drinks and gel if i am on a long ride.
anyway i feel like i have hit the wall and i am looking to get where i can do 25 mph pace or greater on flats and fly up the hills consistently like a race training ride would be. any reccomendations on my personal rides training etc that can help me get through this slump i am in. i am trying to eat veggies and salads rice etc more and stay away from sweets burgers etc. does going vegetarin help you be leaner and stronger? i am trying to by fall or autumn or sooner be ready to train with the race group. mainly just to get in great shape and be strong enough to race if i wanna. i know strength training has plateaus i know i am there now. as i said i can fly on the smooth trail path system sometimes 30 mph on flats or greater yet the road is really taxing me. is this just the fact that i have left an esay environment and now i hav eto work harder to readjust. anyone has any routines they use that race far as hills and miles per week let me know.
i hav ebeen tring to do intervals etc and i am trying to pedal as circular and smooth a spossible. any pointers ther on pedaling or any at all will be great.

Last edited by sbskates; 06-12-05 at 08:14 PM.