Old 04-20-11, 10:27 PM
echappist
fuggitivo solitario

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Got a few questions:

-Can someone shed more light on what's a good aero-bar? I assume the base should be shaped like an air-foil. What else should i look for and at what point is it "too heavy?" I may just slap one onto my road bike for a few TT's this summer.

-The newer bikes such as high end Scott, BMC, and Felt have the "integrated" stem which covers up quite a bit of the rough surfaces. How big of a difference do they make?

-Also, as much as i dislike ergo bend bars, 3T makes the Zefiro with integrated arm rest. What are people's take on these and would i get as much a time saving?

Here's Davie Sprockets on them

Originally Posted by danahs
^let me know what you find out... I always suck at turn arounds. The only thing that helps me is to make sure I am in the correct gear for the acceleration before I make the turn and then just don't crash while making the turn.
opps. Sorry to have gotten back to you nearly two months after the fact. I've done 3 TT's since then. 2 ITT with on two-lane highways and one TTT on a four-lane highway. For the ITT, the speed i'm carry through at the lowest point was actually an abysmal 8.5mph on both occasions, but it was about 13 seconds from braking to first pedal stroke and about 23 seconds to get fully up to speed.

For the TTT, it was 12 seconds from braking to first pedal motion and 20 seconds to get fully up to speed. It helps that the lowest speed through the turn was 12mph.

Still need to work on both, obviously.