Old 04-21-11, 04:28 PM
bhkyte

Bikes: 2X dualdrive Mezzo folder,plus others

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by chagzuki
It's weird, I'm looking at the pics thinking 'how does it compare to a Brompton', and obviously it has the most important thing, i.e. better gearing. Plus V-brakes and cables routed internally, and space for a gripshift on the handlebar. This is all very good stuff IMO. As for weight, in my experience Brompton have underestimated the weights on their website so if a Flamingo were to have a lighter hub gear and no kickstand then I imagine it would be lighter than a Brompton. And better rims by the looks of things. Which leaves the question, what's the manufacturing of the frame like? Does it look like it's built to last?

Are those actual Brompton tyres or have they mimicked the graphics?

The older Mercs/flamingos were a poor imitation if you take any notice of the out dated A2B reviews on the web. This is probably a better bike than a Bromptom for the money, but with a poor resale value. I think you made a wise choice, and I think you were brave to go for a niche product. If you find the steering twitchy you could change the bars to lower wider straight ones.

Last edited by bhkyte; 04-21-11 at 04:37 PM.