View Single Post
Old 04-22-11, 05:50 PM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Originally Posted by Looigi
Visiting the Boston area and would like to know what biggest bestest bike shops are. I know of Harris, Belmont Wheelworks, ATA, Cambridge Bicycle... any others of note? Which have the largest selection of apparel, accessories, etc.?
My shop is is Back Bay Bicycles, and while not the biggest they provide the bestest of service, and keep my road and mountain bikes expeditiously and expertly rolling all year-round. Their inventory of accessories and clothing is adequate, and they have a lot of bikes including high end models. They have special ordered items for me, most notably a pair of Marathon Winters in February, when they are hard to get.

Furthermore, they are located in the Back Bay and the closest of all the “good” bike shops to Back Bay and downtown, the most attractive visitor areas of Boston. Wheelworks and Harris are out in the suburbs a few miles away, and it's easy to get lost anywhere in Boston and environs. BBB also rents bicycles, and I bought my mountain bike from them as a used rental several years ago. If you visit them tell them the “good doctor” sent you. See:

http://backbaybicycles.com/

Last edited by Jim from Boston; 04-22-11 at 06:03 PM.